Fast-paced adventure puzzle-platformer. Utilize III’s teleportation abilities and screen-wrap to smash baddies and solve puzzles!
SUPER III is a fast-paced, adventure/puzzle-platformer that follows the story of an alien named III (Three). After a galactic war, III is given the task of finding and rescuing all survivors. Utilize III’s teleportation abilities and screen-wrap to smash baddies and solve puzzles!
The game consists of a series of levels connected by an overworld. Each of these levels contains 4-6 missions that you must complete in order to progress. We kept the gameplay simple by solely focusing on getting the platforming feel tight and responsive. III can jump, wall jump and his main mechanic is the ability to teleport to the nearest wall in the direction he is facing. To keep the control scheme simple, this teleport mechanic can be activated by simply pressing the jump button again while in mid-air (similar to a double jump). The other key aspect of the game is that III will wrap around the screen horizontally, which helps a lot with the game’s puzzle nature.
- Solves puzzles and complete missions by using III’s teleport
- Levels screen-wrap horizontally, adding that extra complexity to the game’s puzzle nature
- Defeat enemies blocking your way by teleporting through them, jumping on top of their heads or a combination of the later!
- 30+ levels span across 5 unique worlds. Can you collect all 150 stars?
- Tight controls make moving through levels feel fun and rewarding
- Test your skills by defeating menacing Bosses that stand in your path!
While working on another game, Zack created the prototype of SUPER III for the IndieE3 GameJam. He later posted his progress on the TIGSource Forums and was very well received. After some consideration, he decided to switch his focus from the project he was working on and work on what later became SUPER III full time. He asked Hunter and Alejandro, his teammates from the other project, to join him, and they did. After a few more weeks, they decided they wanted to go the Crowdfunding route through Kickstarter. We later brought Temmie Chang into the team to do some concept art and the Artbook. Joel Corelitz had contacted us back in the day when we were still developing FROG SORD, so we gave him a shout and he was more than happy to join the team as well! We are currently thinking of getting our game into IGF in October and launching our Kickstarter campaign mid/late August 2014. The game will be released in Q2 of 2015.
Download all screenshots as .zip (62KB)
Download all GIFs .zip (10MB)
- “…look at how physically satisfying its wall-jumping and teleportion appears, even without any art. Then look at how it looks when it does have art, and suddenly there’s a sense of a world to explore.”
Graham Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- “Super III promises to blend challenging precision platforming with large expansive levels, a design choice inspired by games like Mario 64.”
Christian Valentin, Indie Game Enthusiast
We are currently working on a press build. Check back soon!